From Jeff Westling, 2020 NOAC Contingent Adviser:
- All youth who deposit $100 prior to 30 September 2019 will have a reserved spot as part of the NOAC 2020 contingent.
- Payments are made in person at the Colonial Virginia Council Scout Shop.
- Once you place your deposit of $100 with the Scout Office, send me (Jeff Westling) an email with your name and contact info so I can build the roster of those who have committed participation. Youth and adults should copy their Chapter Adviser and/or Chapter Chief regarding their attendance for awareness. wahunsenakahNOAC2020@gmail.com
- While there is no hard ratio (we can go 1:1) for adult attendance, National OA has recommended that we cap the attendees at 1 adult for every 3 youth. While that is a target to maximize youth attendance and participation, we have some flexibility. Adult members who are interested in attending NOAC as part of our Lodge contingent, are expected to assume an active role in our preparations, to include facilitating the planning, fundraising efforts and execution of our trip.
- We still need a youth Chair to lead our Contingent planning effort. This youth member will be the Contingent youth leader once on-site and will work in partnership with the Lodge Chief and/or ranking Lodge Officer attending to maximize the NOAC experience for the contingent.
- The National fee is $545 plus our contingent fees for travel, meals during travel and lodging en route. Our goal is to cover these costs for youth through fundraising efforts and possibly defray the cost of transportation for the adults (no commitments for the adults until the budget has been finalized and fundraising proceeds have been collected).
If you have any questions, contact Mr. Westling directly at: WahunsenakahNOAC2020@gmail.com.